When a loved one is arrested, it’s natural to experience a flood of emotions – fear, worry, stress, confusion, uncertainty. Fortunately, you don’t have to be alone during this difficult time.
A Pacheco Bonding can help you get your loved one out of jail with a bail bond, giving you the peace of mind of having your loved one at home as you work to build a defense, tie up loose ends and otherwise get on with your life after an arrest.
The New Mexico Bail Bonds Process
The process of getting someone out of jail varies somewhat from one state to the next. A Pacheco Bonding offers bail bonds throughout New Mexico as well as nationwide bonding services for Albuquerque-area residents whose loved ones have been arrested in another state. When you contact us for a bail bond, we can walk you through the process for your individual situation to ensure you know what to expect.
In general, bailing someone out of jail involves the following:
- Finding where the person is being held: You may learn about your loved one’s arrest if they call you from jail. Other times, you may not know what jail a person has been taken to. We can help you search inmate records to find a person in jail for free.
- Identifying if a bond is available: In most cases, a jail house bond will be set by the courts for each charge. This is an amount that can be paid to the jail to release an individual on the agreement that this person will return for a future court date. If the person has already had an arraignment, the bound amount may be lowered than the initial jail house bond. We can help you understand the arraignment process and answer your questions.
- Determining the bail amount: You’ll need to know how much money you need to bail a person out of jail. If you’re paying out of pocket, you’ll be responsible for the full amount of the bail charge before you can bail out your loved one. If you’re working with a bail bondsman, you may have different financing options for a lower cost.
- Finding a reputable bail bondsman: Paying bail in its entirety is a challenge, and for some families it is not financially feasible. This is where a bail bondsman service like A Pacheco Bonding comes in. We offer affordable bail bonds, letting you pay a small down payment in exchange for us posting bail for your loved one.
- Making sure your loved one appears at his or her scheduled court date: The final step of bailing someone out of jail is ensuring that they appear at court. If they fail to arrive at court, you will be responsible for the full amount of the bond. If you paid bail out of pocket, you will not be able to recover these funds; if a bail bondsman posted bail for you, you will owe this money to your bail bondsman. This is why keeping track of court dates is important! If you’re having trouble remembering court dates, we can help you look them up and remind you about upcoming hearings.
If you have questions about the bail bonding process, or need the assistance of a bail bondsman to get a loved one out of jail, contact A Pacheco Bonding today. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and help you get your loved one out of jail.