How to Help Someone in Jail to Get Out
When your loved one has been arrested, you are instantly flooded with a multitude of emotions— fear, worry, stress, confusion. Not only do you have to think about what your loved one is going through, but how you’re going to pay the bills, make ends meet and manage life in your loved one’s absence.
If you are wondering how to help someone in jail to get out, Pacheco Bail Bonds is here for you. For over 25 years, we have been helping families throughout the greater Bernalillo and Sandoval County area. Our extensive experience has enabled us to develop a true expertise in helping families during their time of great need.
The basic process of getting a friend or family member out of jail involves the following:
- Find the Person in Jail—many family members only discover their loved one is in jail after they have been missing for a period of time. Before the bail process can begin, you must know where your loved one is being held. At Pacheco Bail Bonds, we’ll help you find a person in jail for free. It’s all part of our commitment to easing the stress you face during this difficult process.
- Learn if they have a Jail House Bond Set—a jail house bond is an amount preset by the courts for each and every charge.
- Learn if they’ve had an Arraignment—a person can be released from jail prior to arraignment (with a jail house bond) or they can wait for court to see if the bond is lowered. A Pacheco bonding agent will accompany you to court and guide you through the process.
- Find out what Bail has been Set At—it’s a good idea to know how much money you will need to bail a person out of jail. You are responsible for the full amount of bail, but you only have to pay if your loved one does not appear for his future court dates.
- Locate a Reputable Bail Bondsman—for many families, making bail for their loved one is an impossibility. That’s where a bail bondsman comes in. For a percentage of the bond (usually 10%), a bail bond service will post bail on your loved one's behalf. A good company will walk you through the process and help you know what to expect.
- Make sure your Loved One Appears at His or Her Scheduled Court Date—if your loved one does not show up in court on the day they are supposed to, you will be liable for the full amount of the bond.
At Pacheco Bail Bonds, our bail bondsmen will help you understand the process of how to help someone in jail to get out and explain all of your options so that you can make an informed decision about the best way to proceed on your loved one’s behalf. We can also help you find a person in jail if you are not sure where your loved one is.
Contact us anytime of the day or night for fast, reliable service from bail bondsman who care.